I'm fasting today, again.



This is the 14th Wednesday in a row that I've fasted. I've been doing it for a 24 hour stint, so that whatever benefits the fasting has can be measured as a seventh, mostly as a measurement of body weight, but also more nebulous aspects like happiness, project progressions and all-round health.

So far it's gone so well I'm thinking of fasting every Saturday as well, though admittedly Saturdays would be more problematic due to my variant social life. But so what? I'm thinking there are always problems to overcome, and the benefits of fasting appear to be worth it.

The ongoing drama of BLISSCRAFT, my band, has definitely been one of those socially problematic aspects. There is no infighting, we are not only unified, but we grow in understanding ourselves and our music by playing together each time. But it just so happens that a relative of mine, who I've always loved dearly, has insisted the band should breack up because he hates to see pictures of two of the members being happy online. One is an ex-girlfriend, the other the fiance of his ex, who he blames for the breakup. i've come up with several compromise solutions - we volunteered to not have pics of the band online, and we would reconsider the band structure if my relative could wait until the end of this year (hoping he might change his outlook byt then). Both suggestions were vehemently rejected. The result has been that the band is closer than ever, but we're not gigging for a few months anyway, and they are both going away to intern jobs until next June.

Ideally, BLISSCRAFT is the band I want as a 'house band' for the future first temple of Eternalism. By next June, I aim to make the Temple a reality. So, expect more drama, I suppose. Though I prefer peace, and the growth of the path of knowledge all Eternalists should be on.

I will be using this blog to organize a speech I plan to give next month on the topic of Buddhism's relationship with Eternalism. I'm hoping my readers will help guide me, to create the kind of dialogue we need to create a populist philosophy of the spiritual nature of time itself. ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED in this blog.

Thank you for your continued existence,   Dennis C. Lee August 21, 2019.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts